Manufacturer guidelines and proper use recommendations:
- Always inspect ladders for damage or missing parts before installing the Pulpo Lock.
- Check that all the Pulpo Lock components are tightened and no part is missing before use.
- Make sure that the sum of the weight of the addition (top part), and the user’s weight do not exceed the maximum load capacity of the base extension ladder recommended by the manufacturer. For instance, an average 12 ft. fly's weight is about 20 lb., a set of Pulpo Lock weighs 5 lb.,and extension ladders are rated to a maximum load capacity between 225-300 lb. If you weigh less than 200-275 lb you can safely climb the extension ladder's addition.
- The Pulpo Lock set consists of four individual clamps. Position one pair of clamps on the bottom rung of the addition, one on each side rail, engaging the corresponding rung in the ladder base, usually the fourth rung from the top. Then position the other set of two clamps at a minimum of four rungs away from the first. Never use less than four clamps.
- Make sure all the J- bolts engage the upper section (addition) and the hook of the bolt is underneath each rung and secured properly.
- Always watch the steps when descending the ladder, especially at the transition between the additional fly and the base extension ladder.
- Only use a single fly as an addition, and use the upper section of the extension ladder with the locking mechanism on it, position the fly in front of the base ladder, and engage the manufacturer’s lock with the rungs before installing the Pulpo Lock.
- Warning: Never add an entire extension ladder or a fly longer than the fly on the base ladder supporting the weight. Never use the base section of a ladder as an addition.
Disclaimer: Always follow these rules and other known safety rules for using extension ladders. By using the Pulpo Lock, you agree not to hold the manufacturer liable for any accident caused by the improper use of the Pulpo Lock, or by the conditions of the extension ladders used. Pulpo Lock is designed to be used only by professionals. Improper use could cause fatal injuries. Manufacturer's Guarantee shall apply for a period of two years commencing from the date of purchase.